STOCK LEVELS ARE LOW!
The top model Core in 2011 won the ‘Mountain Biking UK’ magazine ‘hardcore hardtails grouptest’ with a nearly perfect 4.5 out of 5. They said “Blending the lithe ride quality and subtle responses of a cross country bike with the precise steering and extra strength of a hard-hitting trail bike is a stroke of genius”. Genesis think that sums up the Core bikes pretty well.
Fast and light yet capable of handling any Trail Centre’s Black Runs, with the Core you can have it all in one package. The Core 26.4 and 26.5 frames are made from triple-butted ALX-9 6069-T6 Aluminium and feature tapered head tubes to accept the latest generation 120mm forks. For Genesis, the definition of UK hardtails is this mix of technical handling ability, comfort and light weight, offering complete all-round performance. The Core 26.4 and 26.5 take this definition to the trail.
Upgrades over the Core 26.3 are a lighter triple-butted ALX-9 frame with tapered headtube, a Recon Gold TK fork with tapered fork steerer plus 15mm front axle for a new level of handling accuracy, a Shimano external bearing crankset and Deore shifter / SLX rear mech / Alex FD-19 rim upgrades.
Frame and Fork
- Frame: 6061 Aluminium w/Tapered Headtube
- Fork: Rockshox Recon Gold TK 120mm Tapered Steerer, 15mm Thru Axle
- Headset: Tapered
- Colour: Cyan Blue
- Shifters: Shimano SL-M590 9spd
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano RD-M663 9spd
- Front Derailleur: Shimano FD-M430 9spd
- Chainset: Shimano FC-M590 44/32/22
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Hollowtech
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG53
- Freewheel: Shimano CS-HG50 9spd 11-32
- Hubs: Shimano SLX Front M668/M435 Rear
- Rims: Alex FD-19
- Spokes: Stainless Black
- Tyres: Continental Mtn King Folding
- Brakes: Shimano BR-M596
- Brake Levers: Shimano BL-M596
- Handlebars: Genesis 6061 Alloy Riser
- Stem: Genesis Alloy
- Grips: Kraton
- Saddle: Madison Flux
- Seat Post: Genesis 6061 27.2mm
- Pedals: Shimano PDM-505
Availability: in stock, usually ships within 1 to 3 days.